Posted in Berlin, Events, General, News on 29/09/2016 09:57 pm by Stephen Hurley
For the first time, our premiere event for the local Irish community and friends, will take place in Berlin!
We are pleased to announce the attendance of H.E. Ambassador of Ireland, Michael Collins. The event will take place at the “Das 3 Schwestern” restaurant, in a former 19th century Bethanien hospital, situated in a leafy park in the central, and hugely popular Berlin-Kreuzberg.
In our centenary year, please join us for this fantastic event featuring a showcase of local Irish entertainment and superior Alpine cuisine. You can look forward to a black-tie evening with some special Berlin flair!
We look forward to welcoming you, and a great evening together.
More information below. Please use the booking form below for tickets.
- Date: Saturday 12th November 2016
- Time: Doors: 18:30 and welcome drink
- Location: 3 Schwestern, Mariannenplatz 2, 10997 Berlin. Map | Website
- Tickets: €100 including three-course meal and wine. Complete form below and send via email to reserve tickets. Please reserve early as spaces are limited.
Approximate Timeline of evening:
– 18:30 Doors open with a welcome drink. Meet & greet with ambient music by an Irish soloist musician.
– 19:30 Dinner: 3 Course with carefully selected seasonal menu including wine. Vegetarian and vegan are catered for.
– 20:45 IBN Ambassador’s award and address.
– 21:30 Performance and music: featuring a showcase of local Irish talent in Berlin
– 11:15 DJ until Late.
Posted in Events, Munich on 12/09/2016 07:53 am by Munich IBN
Colm Tóibín is one of the most important Irish writers of our time. Colm Tóibín is an Irish novelist, short story writer, essayist, playwright, journalist, critic and poet. Tóibín is currently Professor of the Humanities at Columbia University. He was hailed as a champion of minorities as he collected the 2011 Irish PEN Award. In 2011, he was named one of Britain’s Top 300 Intellectuals by The Observer. In 2015, he was awarded the Hawthornden Prize for Nora Webster.
This Friday he will launch his book, Nora Webster, in the Literature house Munich in the Saal, follow this link for tickets.
The setting is Enniscorthy, in Ireland, in the late 1960s, and Nora Webster’s husband, Maurice, has recently died. When the novel opens, Nora’s next-door neighbour stops her on her way inside the house, commiserating with her over all the well-wishers calling in. “You must be fed up of them,” he says. “Will they never stop coming?” Even as he commiserates, he is clearly part of the problem, waiting for the response she doesn’t want to supply, pressuring her to give away how she is feeling. “They mean well. People mean well,” Nora says.
Moderation: Julika Griem
Reading of the German text: Wiebke Puls
Event in English and German
Admission: € 10.- / 7.-
Posted in Düsseldorf, Events, News on 27/06/2016 09:59 pm by Stephen Hurley
Dear IBN Member.
As part of Irelands centenary celebrations, the NRW chapter is organising a series of events on Friday, July 1st 2016 celebrating the Irishman, William T. Mulvany, his influence and achievements in Germany.
William T. Mulvany influenced Northrhine Westphalia like no other Irishman, and his achievements include establishing the Dusseldorf Stock Exchange and designing the major canals in NRW. Mulvany was also instrumental in establishing the first industrial coal mining in the Ruhr valley. He built and ran mines around Herne called Hibernia, Shamrock and Erin.
A bus tour will start in Düsseldorf and take in the important locations relating to the Mulvany legacy.
The schedule is as follows (Mulvany Event Programme):
- The meeting point is the Christ Church (Rotterdamer Str. 135, 40474 Düsseldorf) at 11:30, where Joyce Fuhrmann will tell us about the church and its Mulvany connection
- The bus departure is 12.00 sharp, and we are delighted to have the Mulvany expert, Dr. Olaf Schmidt-Rutsch, LWL Industriemuseum join us and share his in-depth knowledge of the “Irish King of the Ruhr”
- The bus will return to the Düsseldorf Altstadt (via Christ Church) around 17:30
- evening reception to start 19:00 sharp in the Wirtschaftsclub (Blumenstr. 14, 40212 Düsseldorf)(doors open 18:30)
- our guest of honour will be the Irish Ambassador, H.E. Mr. Michael Collins, and we hope to have a video address from the Taoiseach, Enda Kenny
- dress code for the evening event is strictly business attire
(NB: it is of course possible to skip the tour, and simply join us for the evening reception)
Some last chance tickets are still available, register here: https://www.eventbrite.de/e/william-t-mulvany-commemorative-event-july-1st-2016-tickets-24790183105
We would appreciate your small contribution of €15 (€10 for those attending evening reception only) for this fantastic event.
We look forward to seeing you on July 1st in Düsseldorf.
And finally, we would like to draw your attention to two other events on Saturday, July 2nd in Düsseldorf:
- annual conference of the German-Irish Lawyers & Business Association (GILBA). The theme of the conference is Data Protection, and there is also a guided tour of the State Parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia and a reception hosted by the President of the Parliament, Carina Gödecke, MdL and the Irish Ambassador, H.E. Mr. Michael Collins (see schedule & registration details: GILBA_Dusseldorf_2016)
- annual Mulvany Cricket match between Christ Kirche and the BBCD (British Business Club) at 13:00 on the Engländerwiese, Nordpark Düsseldorf. The BBCD will be providing typically British cricket snacks.
IBN Düsseldorf Committee
Paul S.Cahill B.Sc.
Jayne Mulcahy – Roth
Posted in Events, General, Munich on 27/06/2016 10:10 am by Berlin
Irish business Network does 2016 Oktoberfest in conjunction with American German business network
Join us to celebrate in the Schottenhammel Festhalle on
Sunday 25th September
From 11.00 to 16.00
Price is 45 Euro’s which includes 2 Biers and half a chicken
This event has limited availability, please send an email to email@example.com to reserve your places
Posted in Stuttgart on 24/06/2016 12:00 pm by Berlin
A chance to get together – with significant others and offspring for a change – and enjoy the craic (and hopefully the weather)!
Put it in your calendar, and tell whoever needs to know: