Posted in Düsseldorf, Events, News on 27/06/2016 09:59 pm by Stephen Hurley
Dear IBN Member.
As part of Irelands centenary celebrations, the NRW chapter is organising a series of events on Friday, July 1st 2016 celebrating the Irishman, William T. Mulvany, his influence and achievements in Germany.
William T. Mulvany influenced Northrhine Westphalia like no other Irishman, and his achievements include establishing the Dusseldorf Stock Exchange and designing the major canals in NRW. Mulvany was also instrumental in establishing the first industrial coal mining in the Ruhr valley. He built and ran mines around Herne called Hibernia, Shamrock and Erin.
A bus tour will start in Düsseldorf and take in the important locations relating to the Mulvany legacy.
The schedule is as follows (Mulvany Event Programme):
- The meeting point is the Christ Church (Rotterdamer Str. 135, 40474 Düsseldorf) at 11:30, where Joyce Fuhrmann will tell us about the church and its Mulvany connection
- The bus departure is 12.00 sharp, and we are delighted to have the Mulvany expert, Dr. Olaf Schmidt-Rutsch, LWL Industriemuseum join us and share his in-depth knowledge of the “Irish King of the Ruhr”
- The bus will return to the Düsseldorf Altstadt (via Christ Church) around 17:30
- evening reception to start 19:00 sharp in the Wirtschaftsclub (Blumenstr. 14, 40212 Düsseldorf)(doors open 18:30)
- our guest of honour will be the Irish Ambassador, H.E. Mr. Michael Collins, and we hope to have a video address from the Taoiseach, Enda Kenny
- dress code for the evening event is strictly business attire
(NB: it is of course possible to skip the tour, and simply join us for the evening reception)
Some last chance tickets are still available, register here: https://www.eventbrite.de/e/william-t-mulvany-commemorative-event-july-1st-2016-tickets-24790183105
We would appreciate your small contribution of €15 (€10 for those attending evening reception only) for this fantastic event.
We look forward to seeing you on July 1st in Düsseldorf.
And finally, we would like to draw your attention to two other events on Saturday, July 2nd in Düsseldorf:
- annual conference of the German-Irish Lawyers & Business Association (GILBA). The theme of the conference is Data Protection, and there is also a guided tour of the State Parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia and a reception hosted by the President of the Parliament, Carina Gödecke, MdL and the Irish Ambassador, H.E. Mr. Michael Collins (see schedule & registration details: GILBA_Dusseldorf_2016)
- annual Mulvany Cricket match between Christ Kirche and the BBCD (British Business Club) at 13:00 on the Engländerwiese, Nordpark Düsseldorf. The BBCD will be providing typically British cricket snacks.
IBN Düsseldorf Committee
Paul S.Cahill B.Sc.
Jayne Mulcahy – Roth
Posted in Events, General, Munich on 27/06/2016 10:10 am by Berlin
Irish business Network does 2016 Oktoberfest in conjunction with American German business network
Join us to celebrate in the Schottenhammel Festhalle on
Sunday 25th September
From 11.00 to 16.00
Price is 45 Euro’s which includes 2 Biers and half a chicken
This event has limited availability, please send an email to email@example.com to reserve your places
Posted in Stuttgart on 24/06/2016 12:00 pm by Berlin
A chance to get together – with significant others and offspring for a change – and enjoy the craic (and hopefully the weather)!
Put it in your calendar, and tell whoever needs to know:
Posted in General, Munich on 07/06/2016 08:15 am by Berlin
Professor Roy Foster from Oxford is speaking on the Irish Exit from the British Empire, in particular the event of the Easter rising 1916. This is where the proclamation of independence declaring Ireland a republic was first read, significantly in the central post office in Dublin. It is told that Gandhi carried the Irish principles of independence around with him until his death which inspired him in fulfilling his mission in India.
The significance of this event is very relevant to our lives today.
Those interested in history, politics, humanitarian issues are welcome to take the chance to ask questions and get responses from Professor Roy Foster on how history is written and remembered.
Concept of Nation & EU
Reunification in Germany
The venue is the Schlachthof on Zenettistrasse, this Friday evening, June 10th in the Schlachthof
Tickets are €25 and can be purchased on http://www.im-schlachthof.de/spielplan-details/items/.1999.html
We request your help to bring awareness to your connections, friends and interested network, community service, friends and family as having them attend would be enriching.
The initiator and organizer of the event is Cillian Ó Donnabháin, Examiner at the European Patent Office and we would be honored to have you join in the discussion. https://www.facebook.com/events/1693555690926891/.
Posted in Stuttgart on 26/01/2016 04:07 pm by Berlin
Sarah Rieger (Flanagan) has recently opened The English Coaching Centre in Kirchheim unter Teck, adding English Coaching for Adults to her current English Kinder Club offering.
Now that she has moved to new rooms, Sarah would like to host the next Stammtisch in her premises.
- Date: Friday, February 26th, 2016
- Time: from 19:00
- Location: English Coaching Centre, Riethmüller Business Park, Alleenstr. 18, 73230 Kirchheim unter Teck
It’s opposite the castle, and the centre is on the 1st floor.
There is parking behind the building, along the castle wall opposite the building, or in the underground carpark “Krautmarkt” (a few meters down the street).
The S-Bahn is about a 5 minute walk.
- What else (but not least): Bring your own bottle
If you are interested in coming along, please get in touch with David Hegarty of the IBN Stuttgart chapter.